Manufacturer product code - 20081-1
- Low-profile SSL (Saucony Super-Lite) midsole for lightweight, responsive protection from impact
- XT-LITE outsole for great grip, but no bulk
- Lightweight, breathable mesh for quick drying
- Skeletal overlays for foot-security without irritation
- Wafer-thin XT900 Carbon rubber heel zone for durable grip
- 4mm drop from heel-to-toe for fast running
The Type A 4 is Saucony's top-of-the-range racing shoe and it's been a big favourite with both runners and triathletes since day one. This, fourth, version has been stripped down even further to make it lighter and more responsive than ever. Now weighing in at under 180g, the Type A 4 is just about as fast as it gets. The new style is lower to the ground and has a reduced differential between the forefoot height and the rearfoot, getting the runner onto their toes more easily, yet the high specification SSL (Saucony Super-Lite) midsole give greater cushioning and improved responsiveness too.
The outsole is also new to provide grip in even wet conditions, but also to reduce weight further. The upper is an ultra-light mesh with a skeleton of minimal overlays which hold the foot in place without causing irritation, this makes it ideal as a shoe for wearing without socks.